|Major League Soccer|
|Home|||||Scoreboard|||||Match Schedule|||||Standings|||||Clubs|||||Transfers|||||Player Leaders|
Wright-Phillips, Red Bulls beat Impact 3-1
European Football Headlines
- Lee, Kwon on South Korea's injured list ahead of World Cup
- Short-handed Galaxy beat Impact after Ibrahimovic red card
- Huesca promoted to Spanish league for first time
- Brazil wants to lower Neymar's expectations for World Cup
- Wolfsburg sees off Kiel's challenge to stay in Bundesliga
- Former Liverpool CEO Ayre hired by MLS' Nashville team
- Icardi left out of Argentina's World Cup squad
- Lovren ends turbulent season with the job of marking Ronaldo
- Polish soccer club ordered to play 8 games without fans
- Russia's doping capital gears up for World Cup
HARRISON, N.J. (AP) Bradley Wright-Phillips had a goal and an assist on Saturday and the New York Red Bulls beat the Montreal Impact 3-1.
Wright-Phillips opened the scoring for the Red Bulls (3-2-0) in the fifth minute, beating goalkeeper Evan Bush into the upper right corner. Florian Valot's takeaway in the middle of Montreal's side of the field set up Wright-Phillips with an opening from the right side of the 18-yard box.
Romero "Kaku" Gamarra finished Wright-Phillips' cross in the 57th minute to give New York a 2-1 lead. Wright-Phillips was stopped by Bush but gathered the rebound and fed it to Kaku, who one-timed it into the far corner.
Michael Murillo tapped in Kemar Lawrence's low cross to cap the scoring in the 76th minute.
Montreal (2-4-0) tied it 1-1 in the 33rd minute on Jeisson Vargas' free kick, which deflected in off the right post.
Updated April 14, 2018